The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the FOIP Act) provides a method to request information held by public bodies that is not available by other means. FOIP Requests for General Information allow you to make a single request to a Government of Alberta department. If you want to make a request to another public body (such as a municipality or a police service) please refer to the FOIP webpage for more information.
Completing a Request
To determine if you need to make a request or for help completing the form, contact the Coordinator at the FOIP Office of the public body to which you are making the request.
If you are requesting your own personal information, please refer to the FOIP webpage for more details.
Personal information provided is collected under Section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the FOIP Act) for the purposes of responding to your request for access to information. Should you require further information about collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact MyAlberta eServices at email@example.com or 1-844-643-2788.
Rules and Conditions
Submitting a Request
- The transaction receipt for this FOIP request indicates that your payment has been processed, but it does not indicate that the appropriate FOIP Office has received the request.
- A request is considered received when it is opened at the department FOIP Office authorized to receive it during standard office hours; an acknowledgement will be provided at that time.
- If a request is submitted by the purchaser to an incorrect office, it will be forwarded and the above statement will apply.
- Standard Government of Alberta business hours are from 8: 15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding statutory and other designated holidays).
- The initial $25 covers up to $150 worth of processing fees. The FOIP office will advise you if any additional fees may apply.
- If the total cost of processing your request is more than $150, you will be asked to pay a 50% deposit of the estimated fees. You may discuss revising your initial request with the FOIP office.
- The records are provided when the fee is paid in full.