You can apply online for 5 types of permits:
- Divided Record Authority Permit - Allows a carrier to retain records at a location outside and inside of Alberta other than their principal place of business
- Municipal Firefighting Vehicle Permit - Allows municipalities with firefighting vehicles some exemptions to: commercial vehicle annual inspection, retention of specified records at other than at the principal place of business, requirement for annual driver abstracts
- Water Well Drilling Rig Exemption Permit - Allows some exemptions to: commercial vehicle annual inspection, drivers’ hours of service, reduced vehicle registration fees
- Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC) Oil and Gas Permit - Allows member carriers some exemptions to: commercial vehicle annual inspection, dangerous goods training and documentation, drivers’ license requirements
- Oil Well Service Vehicle Cycle Exemption Permit - Allows drivers of an oil/gas well service vehicle an exemption from hours of service cycle requirements.
Carriers must provide relevant information to support their applications.
Carriers may request a printed version of a permit application, or obtain a printable copy of the application from the website, and submit a hardcopy application by mail, email or fax. (Be sure to include supporting documentation, filing fees and signatures.)
Carriers who provide email information may receive an email relating to the status of their application, and receive their issued permit document with official permit attachment(s) and payment receipt electronically.