Alberta Student Aid
Alberta Student Aid provides loans, grants, and scholarships to Alberta’s post-secondary students.
Learn about our program and services:
It pays to think ahead!
Alberta Student Aid provides loan, grant, and scholarship funding to Alberta’s post-secondary students. It pays to think ahead – from planning to repayment, find everything you need to navigate the Alberta Student Aid program and services!Before You ApplyHow to pay for your post-secondary education:
- Loan Limits
- Types of Funding
- How to Apply:
- Online Full-time and Rutherford Applications
- Part-time Students
- Getting Your Money
- Keep Your Loans Interest Free
- Update Your Personal Info
- Making Payments
- Payment Methods
- Repayment Assistance
Alberta Student Aid Resources:
- Resources for Students
- Funding Guide: Alberta Student Aid program, plus tips for completing your application.
- Repayment Handbook: Information about repaying your loans and the Repayment Assistance Plan.
- Alberta Student Aid Policy: The Alberta Student Aid Operational Policy & Procedure Manual is updated each academic year. It provides in-depth information about loan and grant eligibility, as well as repayment obligations and assistance – for both the Alberta Student Aid (Government of Alberta) and Canada Student Loans Programs (Government of Canada). When you apply for student loans through Alberta Student Aid, your eligibility is assessed for loans and grants provided by both Alberta Student Aid and the Canada Student Loan Program.